Start a new topic

10-15 point swings when taking readings back to back on same day

The last month or so I've taken a few HRV scores in a row, separated by a few minutes in the same seated resting position I took the first in.

I've noticed that I can get anywhere from 5 to 15 point swings in my daily reading when taking a few readings back to back. 

For example, I just took my first reading of the day (same time as most days and I usually only take one reading per day) and I got a score of 75. That's the upper range for me. I accidentally hit the Chart page before saving my score so I lost that reading on my iPhone. Three minutes later, without moving I took another reading and got a score of 61.   

This seem to me to be a large variance in such a short time span. Does anyone have any idea why this happens?

2 people have this question

the same is true for me. i tried a few times now. after waking up, i took 3 scores consecutively. the hrv jumped more within these 9 minutes than from one day to the next!

This realy leaves me in doubt, if the accuracy is anywhere good enough to guide my training. :(

Please do not leave this post unanswered, since it is not the only one describing this phenomenon. And please, if possible, provide some explanation other than simply "stick to the first reading it is accurate".

Did anyone see a response related to this concern? I hange the same concern.
I'm having the same issues again, two days in a row. Yesterday my HRV was in the high 50's but I felt great so I took it again to be sure it wasn't because I was sitting in a different chair than usual (I'm on vacation). The 2nd reading in the same chair was 80. Then today the first reading was 53 and so I lied down and my 2nd reading was 86.5. I don't feel under the weather, and I'm on vacation. I haven't had an intense training day in 3 days.

I also have this issue. My back to back readings can span 58-74 only a few minutes apart, first thing in the morning.

Login to post a comment