Start a new topic

In the green but feel beat up

Sometimes the bioforce hrv would have me in the green (10) and ready to go despite feeling overtraining symptoms...I have been hitting 90%+ on the powerlifts along  with high volume sets for the past 2 weeks and now entering the 3rd week im feeling overtrained and rundown...but im getting ready readings as if i just came off a deload.

The only time ive ever been in amber is when i dont get enough sleep. What would be a good explanation for the above scenario?

Thanks!

James, remember that how you are feeling doesn't always correlate with your readiness.  If it did, you wouldn't need to use HRV.  My guess is that you have a high work capacity and recovery relatively well.  Also, just because you are green, that doesn't mean you have to train at 90+. Also, if you have a relatively high HRV score, it's recommended to take the measurement seated opposed to supine as it will show greater variability. 

Gotcha !, Thanks Howie !

You're welcome.

"Also, if you have a relatively high HRV score, it's recommended to take the measurement seated opposed to supine as it will show greater variability. "

This is intresting, thanks for the info! What would be considered a relatively high HRV score and thus indicate that a seated measurement is preferable?

Jaakko, Joel usually says if your HRV is consistently in the 90's or higher, or if your resting HR is in the 40's or lower,  taking your measurement seated would be preferable. 

Thanks for the info Howie :)

Login to post a comment