Start a new topic

Very high HRV

I have just started using the HRV system this week and am surprised to see how high my HRV numbers are. From what I read, a combat athlete should be around the 80s - 90s range if they are in great shape, but my HRV seems to be hovering between 100 - 110. 

A little background on me, I am in decent (but not extraordinary) shape, I can run a 1.5 mile in 10 minutes, but I definitely don't think my score should be that high. I just came off a 8 week general endurance block and started recording my HRV this training week after a 10 day deload period. 

I guess what I'm asking is should I change something? Is this normal and am I just over reacting? Am I parasympathetic overtrained? (I don't feel like I am) Should I maybe delete my 5 entries and begin recording HRV again from the sitting position?

Genetics play a role in HRV, you may simply have higher HRV than normal. There is no reason to change anything just because you have high numbers and it's unlikely you're parasympathetically overtrained.

Login to post a comment