Start a new topic

Readiness results confusing

Hi I've been tracking my HRV for my preparation for my upcoming MMA fight. I'm seeing a pattern with my HRV results. Its seems I'm green most of the week despite doing 2 workouts a day some day very challenging. There's been a pattern where I take a day off and get an orange indicator the next day when my HRV score increased and my HR decreased. I feel good after a day of rest so I get in a fairly intense workout and I go back to green. It seems I feel the best when my HRV score is in the 80s and upper 70s and not so good when I'm in the low 70s high 60s but thats when I'm getting green. Some side notes. I have been a pro for over 3 years I've been training for 10 so I've got pretty good bit of experience with training. I'm incorporating workout from your book. I did my HRV for my last training camp sitting and my  HRV numbers were very high with not much variation. My RHR is in the upper 30s and lower 40s sitting. I changed to standing this camp and my results are very different. My RHR is anywhere from upper 40s to lower 60s. I guess my question would be should I be doing it standing. Is that throwing off my results. Also this is my last week of hard training so my sessions are short and intense but I'm getting all green this week. Is that normal? Should I be working harder and getting amber? I know this is alot of information and you guys are busy but thanks for your time and any help.

You may want to read this: http://myithlete.com/blog/?p=394

Also this is discussed in the manual that accompanied the BioForce HRV monitor though I don't have mine handy right now I do recall reading a couple of paragraphs about being consistent in time of day and position (supine or standing) when taking the daily reading.  HTH. 

Hi, thanks for the reply. I have actually read that. I know the results will be different standing. I have such a low resting heart rate I decided to do it standing as it is recommended if your RHR is below 50 lying you should do it sitting. My RHR is often below 50 when i'm standing and below 40 when I'm sitting. I posted a question about the time of day since I don't always wake up at the same time due to an early morning client and Howie replied and said to just take it with in 30 minutes of waking. I'm just confused about the result of getting an orange indicator almost every time I have a days rest and my RHR drops while my HRV increases. I feel rested and ready to go after a day of rest.

Login to post a comment